43rd AAIP Meeting & Health Conference: Call for Abstract
February 12, 2014
“AOur Time for Optimizing Sustainable Change & Excellence in Health for Indian Country”
43rd Annual AAIP Annual Meeting and Health Conference
July 22-27, 2014
Hyatt Tech Center,
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Abstracts will NOT be accepted without a bio and disclosure form
Scope of the Conference
The Association of American Indian Physicians conducts a national health conference to serve as a forum for healthcare professionals, policy makers and tribal/community members concerned with American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) health issues. AAIP is seeking presentations that address treatment and prevention of health disparities common in AI/AN communities (i.e., obesity, diabetes, cancer); new and expanded programs for mental and behavioral health treatment and prevention; strategies for development of long-term care services; development of programs to increase AI/AN workforce pipeline; collaboration of Western and traditional medicine in the care of Native communities; and strategies to increase the understanding of the Affordable Care Act in AI/AN communities. Must emphasize treatment and epidemiologic issues for AI/AN. Presentations will be given in plenary session only.
The 43rd AAIP Annual Meeting activities will provide:
- A forum for various healthcare professionals to present and discuss their work regarding raising the health status of AI/AN in the era of the ACA.
- A national forum for student recruitment into health professions.
- Abstracts selected will be published in the conference program and the AAIP website.
- Sponsorship, exhibit and poster opportunities.
For full consideration of your abstract submission, you must include a Bio/CV and Speaker Disclosure Form (SDF see attached). If your abstract is accepted, your presentation will be held in a plenary session. For preliminary planning purposes, your presentation should be 45 minutes in length with 5-10 minutes for questions and answers. Presentations must be designed to convey substantive material appropriate for CME credit. You must indicate if a co-author intends to co-present. Those who do not indicate that they wish to present prior to CME approval will not be allowed to speak at the conference.
Please attach a brief abstract that is double spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman or Arial that indicates:
- Your presentation title
- Objectives of your presentation (The basic points to be covered)
- Three main points that participants will learn from your presentation
- If your presentation is data based, also include with your abstract: sources of data, including the years sampled, the process of sample selection and the statistics utilized
1225 Sovereign Row, Suite 103
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
DEADLINE: Monday, March 31, 2014
Selected presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel, conference registration and other miscellaneous expenses. Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract.