AAIP Founding Member Inducted into Hall of Fame
May 6, 2014
“Now is Our Time for Optimizing Sustainable Change and Excellence in Health for Indian Country”
43rd Annual AAIP Annual Meeting and National Health Conference
July 22-27, 2014
Hyatt Tech Center,
Deadline: May 19, 2014
Abstracts will NOT be accepted without a bio and disclosure form
Scope of the Conference
The Association of American Indian Physicians conducts a national health conference to serve as a forum for healthcare professionals, policy makers and tribal/community members concerned with American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) health issues. AAIP is seeking presentations that address treatment and prevention of health disparities common in AI/AN communities (i.e., obesity, diabetes, cancer); new and expanded programs for mental and behavioral health treatment and prevention; strategies for development of long-term care services; development of programs to increase AI/AN workforce pipeline; collaboration of Western and traditional medicine in the care of Native communities; and strategies to increase the understanding of the Affordable Care Act in AI/AN communities. Must emphasize treatment and epidemiologic issues for AI/AN. Presentations will be given in plenary session only.
The 43rd AAIP Annual Meeting activities will provide:
1. A forum for various healthcare professionals to present and discuss their work regarding raising the health status of AI/AN in the era of the ACA.
2. A national forum for student recruitment into health professions.
3. Abstracts selected will be published in the conference program and the AAIP website.
4. Sponsorship, exhibit and poster opportunities.
For full consideration of your abstract submission, you must include a Bio/CV and Speaker Disclosure Form (SDF see attached). If your abstract is accepted, your presentation will be held in a plenary session. For preliminary planning purposes, your presentation should be 45 minutes in length with 5-10 minutes for questions and answers. Presentations must be designed to convey substantive material appropriate for CME credit. You must indicate if a co-author intends to co-present. Those who do not indicate that they wish to present prior to CME approval will not be allowed to speak at the conference.
Please attach a brief abstract that is double spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman or Arial that indicates:
- Your presentation title
- Objectives of your presentation (The basic points to be covered)
- Three main points that participants will learn from your presentation
- If your presentation is data based, also include with your abstract: sources of data, including the years sampled, the process of sample selection and the statistics utilized
1225 Sovereign Row, Suite 103
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
DEADLINE: Monday, May 19th, 2014
- NEW DEADLINE**Call for Abstract: AAIP Annual Meeting and National Health Conference
- CME Disclosure Form and Bio