Deadline Extended: American Indians Accessing Health Professions Workshop – Application Now Available
July 19, 2016
*********Application is Closed************
American Indian Accessing Health Professions
Workshop Application Period is Open
American Indians Accessing Health Professions is a one-day program designed to encourage more American Indians and Alaska Native students to pursue health professions. The program was created by three medical schools and in collaboration with the Association of American Indian Physicians. The AIAHP program is open to tribal college, community college, or freshman/sophomore college students.
Deadline to submit applications is Friday, July 25, 2016.
When: Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Where: University of California Berkeley
2016 Program Details
This program is open to any currently enrolled college student (6 or more credits) who is American Indian or Alaska Native. There is no charge to participate and all travel, food, and program expenses are paid.
To apply, complete the application below and submit to the Association of American Indian Physicians as directed on the application.
Topics and Activities
- Healthcare disparities in AI/AN populations
- How to pay for your health professions education
- Hear from American Indian health professional students
- Learn effective study skills and test taking strategies
- American Indian culture and the culture of medicine
- Participate in clinical simulations
- Social events with American Indian physicians, admissions staff, and students
- Small group advising sessions
Email Gary Lankford at email@example.com or call 405-946-7072