Alkermes Pathways Research Awards Program
November 15, 2023
With millions of people impacted by neurological disorders, more research is urgently needed to advance science in this area. The Alkermes Pathways Research Awards® program is designed to support the next generation of researchers who are working on the front lines to advance our understanding of diseases in the field of neuroscience.
The Alkermes Pathways Research Awards program provides opportunities for individual grants of up to $100,000 per research project for early-career investigators focused on research relating to schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
General Eligibility Criteria
The Alkermes Pathways Research Awards program is for investigators who are in the early stages of their career. Research grants will be awarded to applicants who focus on and have demonstrated a commitment to schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Has an M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent
- Is affiliated with a medical or research center within the United States at the time of application
- Is within 5 years of initial academic appointment (e.g., assistant professor) or is a current postdoctoral fellow
- Has a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
- Has not received a DP2 award or NIH R01 grant at the time of award, but may be the recipient of a career development (K) award or other mentored research grant
- Is willing and able to accept funding from a for-profit, biopharmaceutical company
- Is able to complete the proposed research within 2 years
- Is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or holder of a temporary non-immigrant visa that is valid for the duration of the 2-year grant period