APHA 2023 Call for Abstracts
March 21, 2023
The American Public Health Association is now accepting abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations for the Annual Meeting and Expo in Atlanta, GA, November 12-15,2023. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the meeting theme — Creating the Healthiest Nation: Overcoming Social and Ethical Challenges — and current and emerging public health issues.
Log in with your current APHA account (members and non-members) or create a new account if you have no previous account with APHA.
APHA 2023 will be an in-person meeting. For general presenter questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstract Submission Deadline — March 31, 11:59 PM (PDT).
- Abstract Notification — Presenters will be notified via email of abstract status on June 1.
Rules and Regulations
- It is the policy of the American Public Health Association to hold events (meetings, conferences, and professional gatherings) where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. Presentations must be accessible to all including closed captioning of videos.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the presenting author to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
- You do not have to be a member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST become an individual APHA member and MUST register for the Annual Meeting. The membership requirement does not apply to APHA Learning Institutes faculty or invited session speakers.
- APHA records all presentations for on-demand viewing. There is no option to present and not be recorded. Please keep this in mind when determining if/what to present.
- Abstracts submitted and accepted for the APHA Annual Meeting may not be presented at any other meeting or published prior to November 15, 2023.
- Word count for abstract text must be 250 or less unless otherwise noted in the section’s Call for Abstracts instructions.
- Authors submitting abstracts are responsible for ensuring that all authors listed on the abstract have been notified of submission and abstract status.Note: Only one presenter can present if the abstract is accepted.
- Each abstract will be blind reviewed by the 2023 Review Committee, and decisions to accept or reject abstracts rest with the Program Chair of your section.
- You may review, modify, or withdraw your abstract any time before March 31, 11:59 (PDT).
- Program Chairs will determine presentation format and time.
- Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the Program Chair of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the “no-show.”
- An author may not present more than three abstracts during an APHA Annual Meeting, and each abstract must be different. Duplicate submissions will not be accepted. Violators will be removed from the program.
- Presenters whose abstracts were accepted for presentation but subsequently withdrew their abstracts two or more times within the last five years may be excluded from the program.
- APHA does not accept abstracts or research from alcohol, tobacco, or firearms companies. Tobacco relationships are described as if you are employed, associated, or affiliated with a tobacco or non-therapeutic nicotine company or their subsidiaries, representatives, producers, wholesalers, retailers, associations, foundations, or trade organizations or received funding (direct or indirect) from a tobacco company to conduct this research.