NHSC Loan Repayment Program
March 1, 2023
- Application Launch Date: February 28, 2023
- Application Submission Deadline: April 25, 2023
- Employment Start Date: July 18, 2023
- Scholars Service Obligation Date: July 31, 2023
- Notification of Award: September 30, 2023
- Contract Termination Deadline: 60 days from the effective date of the contract or at any time if the individual who has been awarded such contract has not received funds due under the contract.
Licensed primary care clinicians in eligible disciplines can receive loan repayment assistance through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP).
In exchange for loan repayment, you must serve at least two years of service at an NHSC-approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
Determine Your Eligibility
Do I qualify for the NHSC LRP?
Yes, you qualify if you are:
- A United States citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) or the United States national;
- A provider (or eligible to participate as a provider) in the Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, as appropriate;
- Fully trained and licensed to practice in the NHSC-eligible primary care medical, dental, or mental/behavioral health discipline and state in which you are applying to serve
- A health professional in an eligible discipline with qualified student loan debt for education that led to your degree; and
- Working at an NHSC-approved site.
Are military reservists eligible?
Yes. Find out about specific guidelines and requirements for military reservists.