Native American Pathways Program
January 31, 2023
2023 Virtual 5-Week Program
July 10 – August 11, 2023
The mission of Native American Pathways Program is to address Native American health disparities by increasing the number of Native Americans in health careers.
Through long term mentorship and a robust 4-week summer curriculum guided by faculty and staff, learners will focus on developing skills and strategies for the medical school admissions process.
- MCAT preparation including 66 hours of instruction, practice test, books and resources, 1-1 coaching
- Personal statement writing workshop
- Mock interviews
- Community informed clinical simulation activities and disparities case studies
- Discussion panels with medical students, residents, attending physicians, scientists, and elders
- Discussion of career pathways in health care, including medical school and non-medical professions
- Exploration of ongoing bioethics and community- engaged projects
- Culturally based team building exercises
- Mentoring and continued learning and engagement during the academic year
- Weekly stipend